Saturday, September 12, 2009

Life here


This is Jenny. Her English is very good! She's probably the best speaker of all the kids here at NCCC.
(Zhang Meng Lin, 14 yrs old. 9'th grade.)

Life here is going well! I have totally fallen in love with the children here, and most of them seem to like me too! The girls like me to sleep in their rooms, and I have for the past four nights! I like being with them, and it's important to spend as much time with them as I can. The beds here are pretty hard, but I've pretty much gotten used to them. I like it here; it seems that everyone is warm, friendly, and welcoming. I'm making friends with some of the locals. I really like talking with the lady who watches the school gate. She is nice and always asks me to sit down and visit. The English teachers at the local school are great. They come visit me sometimes and invite me to go for walks with them. They have invited me to join their dance class. I don't think I'll be learning how to dance, but it is really nice of them to include me.


Seashore, Noah, Xiao Yin



We three have become good friends. Seashore gave us necklaces that match, so we are now, officially, “一家人” (one family)! I really like these two kids.

(Zhao Feng Long, 17 yrs old. 6'th grade. Zeng Ling Ling, 17 yrs old. College Freshman)

























6 comments:

  1. Really nice place and people ^^

    I really appreciate your work... teaching in a local school... while most of people want to work in city schools because of higher salary and better accommodation ^-^ But such local schools is the places really need teachers liked you...

    Please take care yourself ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith, Thank you for putting up all the pics and telling about the children. It is so good to learn about them and how they relate to you and to what you are trying to teach. The pads on the floor, is that where they sleep?...I love you...Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like seeing the girl in your outfit. Can you tell us a little more about what you are doing there, besides having fun with the kids? ;-D

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you like the bamboo mat for the bed? It is very hard, but it is cool in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice!

    Can you update your blog soon, though?

    ReplyDelete