Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The last few days at NCCC

I had a class about Thanksgiving! They had never heard the story before, and it was so much fun to tell them! In my heart, it was best class I ever had. They were attentive and active and wanting to hear more.


“So they came to America on this big boat, looking for a new life and an escape from the Evil King of England.”






"Lots and lots of food!"

Take a look at what they were thankful for:


Up there in the right hand corner, one boy wrote,
“Thank you, Sister Faith, for telling us every day to be good children.”





“I'm grateful for God's infinite love.”
(Zhang Xin, 5'th grade)




“Love. This is what God has given to us humans.”
(Zeng Yuan Yuan, 5'th grade)


"I love God"
(Zeng Wen Bing, 5'th grade)




Other answers included,
"I thank the Lord for giving us all our food."
"I'm thankful for God giving us another day."

Little girl: Xiao Bing, 1'st grade
Little boy: Li Yun Fei, 4'th grade






The night before I left, they had a going away party for me which consisted of a bonfire, treats, and their version of karaoke. We set up two tables side by side which served as our stage, and we all had a blast! The kids sang mostly Christian songs, or songs like, “Auld Lang Syne”. It was very sweet and a great way to say goodbye. I gave gifts to all the children that evening, and many of them gave me small gifts and notes before I left.

"Who is better, girls or boys?"
(I think the boys did better, but it sure was close!)





The 9'th graders! They served as "cheerleaders" for the singers!
(Grace, Connie, Jasmine, and Sally...haha!)


(Tang Ai Min and Xiao Yi, roommates in the 7'th grade)


(Li Jian, 7'th grade)

There were tears and hugs and best wishes passed out all around. I love these kids and they love me, and what's most important, most of them love God now too.

I'm back in Tennessee now. I returned last week and am missing my kids a whole lot! It is good to be back, though, and I am looking forward to whatever the Lord has in store for me now. There are still so many more pictures and stories to tell of the children! I am working on a book now, and once that is completed I will post and let you all know. Thanks again for your support and prayers throughout these past few months. Please don't forget about these precious children. They need love and prayers now more then ever. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back to Tennessee, Faith. I know your family must have missed you terribly, just as your children back in China must really be missing you now.
    I look forward to hearing about your new book. What a terrific idea that was! I wish you the best of luck. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

    Have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful new year.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete