Thursday, August 20, 2009

Good Times with Good Friends

I had an awesome time in Changde on the medical mission and met plenty of fun, amazing people. Some were fun, some were amazing, and some were a little of both. I'm at the orphanage now. I left Changde last week, but wasn't able to catch up on everything I wanted to write about before I left, so here is some of it:


A KFC EXPERIENCE




Loved their sign...so true!



One night, some of us from the team had eaten enough Chinese food for our western stomachs, so we thought to give KFC a try. What a treat! We went out with a group of our translators.

After the fantastic food (which was a little spicier that what the States serves—we are in Hunan!) two of the cutest kids I have ever met came up to us Americans to shake our hands and introduce themselves. SOOO sweet!



This first one said, “Hi! My name is Lucy, it's nice to meet you!” “Well, it's nice to meet you too!” I replied (what else can you do in such a precious situation?!?). “How old are you?” “Um...(the little black eyes rolled to the back of her head as she thought about it) I'm nine years old.” “Oh, well your English is VERY good!” I said. Then she moved on to the next person to go through the same routine. The older gentleman in the picture is Dr. John Baily. He sponsors many of China Agape's medical missions and is one of the moste pleasant persons I have ever met.



The little girl's friend came up to me, and I asked her the same questions. When she said she was nine, I turned to the first girl and said, “You're nine too!” “No, I'm not,” she said, “I'm Lucy.” Wow, I lost it! Way too sweet and just so cute!


They were facinated with the hair on Dr. Wallace's arm!







These are some of the interpreters that helped us SO much! The American lady is a nurse, Becca Wallace.




MORE TO COME


Thank you all for your patience in waiting and watching my blog. I'll definitely be posting more because I am now at my final destination: North Canton Christian Care Center. I'm so glad to finally be here and am having a good time. I really need pr.yers so that I could be a good Engish teacher and friend. Oh, as a P.S. I can't tell who is who when reading your wonderful comments, so if you could, please write your name when you post! Thanks so much! Oh, P.P.S. there is a humongous evil spider in my bathroom and there is no door between him and my bed, so PLEASE remember to pr.y about this! Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! btw great pics!! They misspelled the sign! It should be life TASTES better with KFC not taster. lol!! KILL THE SPIDER FAITH!!!! Not pr.y about it!!! lol! ;) ttyl!

    ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I TRIED to kill it, but it was too fast! It hid under the mirror above the sink. I hope my mosquito net can keep it out, but I can't be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! =D I was just kidding, Faith. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like fun Faith! I love and miss you!!! Love, Gen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faith, I have really enjoyed following your blog. I am glad you have made a little time to share a few of your experiences with us back home. Keep up the good work.
    ps. If you could just find a piece of tape, lay it across the bathroom thresh-hold, face up, maybe you could catch him if he leaves your bathroom. YUCK, I dislike spiders!

    Chris Hic....

    ReplyDelete