Saturday, August 1, 2009

Heading to Changde

It was great fun to be in Shanghai for a day and a half. I didn't go many places, but did end up at the mall to buy a new carry-on suitcase because the handle of mine broke in the Newark airport! Everything here is a good deal cheaper than in The States. The suitcase is very good and just cost me 116 Yuan (about $16 USD) My friends here talked me into letting them take me to get my hair washed at the beauty place down the street. That was great! They soap up your hair, rinse it, and give you a free massage. They were surprised at the length of my hair and even more surprised at my Chinese! I had a good time, and the whole only cost about $2 USD. I will be doing that again!

I didn't take many pics here in Shanghai. Stupidly left the camera in by bag instead of taking it with me. I DID get pics of my hotel....big deal, right? I'll take plenty more later. I leave for Changde, Hunan Sunday afternoon. I'll be meeting the medical team at the local airport in Shanghai and pretend to be an interpreter for them. Hehehe... More posts later! Comments are cherished and appreciated!

6 comments:

  1. We should start an export business... a $16 suitcase sounds like a great deal. It's a good thing the hair place doesn't charge by the length of your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretend to be an interpreter? lol You are going to be doing a great service for them! Very excited you are there! Have a great week with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. $2? I wanna go to that place to get mine done! As for your interpreting, you are going to be great. Take that from someone who is not prejudice! lol. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand why you are going to do that again. I can't believe it was so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the website to have everything posted, Faith. I was thinking of you. Have fun in China. Zhe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool Faith! Post some pics! =)

    ReplyDelete