Sunday, August 9, 2009

The patients

Hey, All, sorry it's been so long since the last post. We have given surgery to about 50 children so far, but like I said, we are running out of patients! I hope and pr.y that more show up tomorrow as is planned. I fall in love with some of the children and their parents.




These first pictures are of little Yang and his mother and aunt (he didn't really want his picture taken at that time!). They are from Xi'an and had to take a 22 hr. train ride to go home the morning after the pics were taken. I promised to try to see them when I go to Xi'an later.



























These twin brothers, one of which came for cleft pallet surgery were so cute! Some of the nurses brought toys with them from America, and I was asked to help pass them out one afternoon. This boy, the one with the IV and medical ID band, looked and looked at the four small stuffed toys I held out to him and then GRABBED a little lamb once he realized one was for him. What a sweetheart. He was very up and at 'um soon after the surgery.








This is just a tired mom and her baby girl late at night after her surgery. I offer to hold them sometimes, but most of the time they just want Mama! Such precious people...


It's really great to see kids come here who have such a big problem and walk away with a new face or a new mouth inside. It makes SUCH a difference! I haven't seen anything quite like it before.






No comments:

Post a Comment